15 March 2015

Manchester

My new favorite city ♥

I'm not really big fan of big cities, I'd rather go close to the ocean or somewhere to the seaside than to the crowdy city, but I had few days off, so I decided to go to visit my friend. So I booked bus from London to MAnchester (5hours on the road, 5£). Perfect! 
I arrived around 9pm so I had really quick walk thru the city, but I had three more days for exploring. I walked around China town, it'S nice. I went to Northern quarter - really cool part of MAnchester. I'd say a bit (a LOT) 'hipster' ☺☺ I didn't see that many Barber's shops on one street anywhere else! ☺ But I really loved the street art. Just brilliant. I took a free ride on the Wheel of MAnchester (Thanks a lot Wex♥) and I saw the amazing view of the city.
Another interesting part of MAnchester it's definiely the Gay village. this dstrict is full of bars, clubs,pubs and full of people in the night.
If u will be in MCR you have to visit the Wrthworth gallery. It's been open just for two weeks now and it's pretty impressive! I had to go there twice, I just didn't have enough.
Anothrer thing what you should do there is to visit the Media city. This part of MAnchester is fulll of modern architecture and if you can go there after sunset, it's probably the best. All the lights and everything, so cool! There is the Lowrty gallery as well and I felt so lucky 'cause the Casa Tomada exhbition was just on. If you have the opportunty to see this somewhere, go! This ar installaton is made by Rafael Gómezbarros. A thousand giant ants made from the cast of human skulls.
SO I easily fall in love with this city. It's fresh and you have lots to do there. I have to go there again.
Gay village and famous Canal street

View from the Wheel of Manchester
The Manchester Gallery
The Town Hall
Old Trafford - Manchester United
Northern Quarter - street art
The Whitworth Art Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment